The web developer will be involved in writing code and driving innovation to take the VC4A platform to the next level. The web developer will apply creative problem solving skills to develop and maintain a high-volume social platform servicing an active and growing community.
The web developer reports directly to VC4A directors, but also coordinates activities with the CTO and the development team. The position is a key player in advancing the VC4A platform and offers opportunities for growth and skills advancement.
Skills and Experience:
Excellent working knowledge of PHP and WordPress;
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML5, CSS, JSON, Ajax, jQuery and web standards;
- Agile methodology experience;
- Highly proficient/excellent knowledge of Git and related managed code workflows;
- Good creative problem solving skills;
- Good communication skills (speaking, writing and code documentation).
- Pro-actively spot and fix issues;
- Ability to test code and report bugs, log support issues and/or possible improvements;
- Support fellow VC4A team members as needed;
- Assist in the growth and development of VC4A in any way.
- A chance to grow in a work environment with room for personal development and initiative;
- Competitive salaries and stock shareholding plans;
- A learning experience that fits your career goals;
- A work environment supporting inspiring upcoming innovators across Africa;
- The opportunity to be part of a dedicated global team;
- Opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals in the field;
- Office location in the center of Amsterdam, Foosball, delivered lunches and team that likes to have fun.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
If you’re interested we encourage a quick application.